WHAT IS AFCA?
A software tool that eliminates a significant administrative distraction by automatically producing properly formatted, digital signature-ready, Directives, and Naval Correspondence, and capturing metadata critical to electronic records management (ERM). AFCA cuts in half the time to format documents compared with a template.
- Automation virtually eliminates the need for reference manuals
- Supports all types of OPNAV and Marine Corps Directives, Letters, and Memorandums
Integrated into Microsoft® Word
Supports Times New Roman and Courier New Fonts
Captures metadata automatically to create a document taxonomy for ERM
- Current Authorization to Operate
- Integrated automated portion marking tool: Classified Information (CI), Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), & Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information (NNPI).
- Integrated FIPS 140 digital signatures
- No macros
HOW DO I GET IT?
It's available NOW in Software Center on the Marine Corps Enterprise Network.
Purchase Licenses and download for home use. (Require a United States .mil or .gov email extension)
WHY ELIMINATING ADMINISTRATIVE DISTRACTIONS IS IMPORTANT
- Sailors and Marines need to focus their time on what is important.
- Improves the tooth to tail ratio.